Thursday, October 9, 2008

Filler I neglected to post last week

- Sorry, dug this one out of the archives. Due to an internal error and the fact that I keep falling asleep as I type, this post is going up a week late -

I have some media to present. Nothing phenomenal, just a few pictures to fill in the blank spaces in time.

The week I returned from Germany the the 'kids' were all alone in the apartment, their parents away on vacation in Venice until the end of the week. I was quite surprised by my host siblings' contributive efforts to the upkeep of the home. Fun was had, of course, but in the form of several crepe parties, playing music loudly, and entertaining friends. The place was a bit messy, but a vigorous evening of cleaning before the parents' return restored the place to order. That last night of independence a dinner party was thrown by my host brother, Bruno (23) and his lovely fiancee Evguenia. They met at the boulangerie where he works. When I came home that evening they were preparing dinner and wearing matching aprons.


Last Friday a treasure hunt was held at the Louvre by my study abroad program. It was alright, they arranged for French students interested in meeting Americans to be there. This fellow Valery here came toting a really nice bag and an umbrella, which he carried in the crook of his arm (not over the arm). The photo's deceiving, but he really carried the bag in the crook of his arm.


And his shoes squeaked.

I saw this in the toilettes of the Paris IV Championnet site. It's French for 'All Cops are Pigs', though it translates to 'All Cops are Oxen'. Written on the wall of a stall in the same bathroom was, 'Down with Democracy', complete with an arrow pointing to the toilet.

No comments: